Friday, June 18, 2010

Late Afternoon Sojourn at Salem Lake

















The wind was blowing around 8 kts so Parker and decided to take a short soujourn and enjoy the late afternoon breeze at Salem Lake. I love the different sensations and sounds one experiences while sailing: the sound of the water running under the boat, the luff of the sails and the wind in the trees surrounding the lake. The infinite varieties of light can also be seen in the sails and on the ripples in the water. Sailing can be very relaxing, tranquil, and soothing to the spirit. When I sail, I am in the moment. I don't really think about anything. I love this zen state of mind. Sailing like other interests of mine: motorcycle riding, endurance running, and alpine skiing is a form of meditation for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment