Thursday, August 12, 2010

Halcyon Hip Hop Cruise




























Voyage date: 8-7-10
Location: Salem Lake
Departure: 17:30
Arrival: 19:25
Conditions: Wind 5-6 NE 89F
Sailed today with my PA friend Ray Oysterer. He and I are part-time ski instructors @ Winterplace. This sail had the dichotomy of peace and serenity with the feeling of levitatation over the water, minimal heel, combined with hip hop music on attached video heard throughout Salem Lake! Odd combination! Key lyrics I heard from an ethnic group in the shelter by the lake:
"Every now and then...
put a smile on your face
stop that hatred
negativity
love your neighbor..."
Good words to live by although Ray didn't want to "break it down" when I asked him to sing with me!
Another short sweet, relaxing sojourn @ Salem Lake!
Video 1: Hip Hop Starboard tack where Ray is not interested in breaking it down with me!
2. Video 2: Ray discusses peaceful and quiet sailing
3. Video 3: Ray discusses detachment from technology

No comments:

Post a Comment